The City of Manteca, like hundreds of cities and school districts across the state, is making a change in how voters elect its City Council. Beginning in 2022, voters will vote for one City Council Member who lives in their district. This will replace the current system of at-large citywide elections in which voters have the ability to vote for all City Council Members.
We need your help to make this change and draw new City Council districts!
One of our primary goals when drawing City Council districts is to draw lines that respect neighborhoods, history, and geographical elements. So we want to know: What do you consider the boundaries of your neighborhood?
How to participate
Share your specific thoughts, draw a map, or attend an upcoming workshop to get involved!
At the hearings and workshops, we want you to:
- Share your story
- Define your neighborhood or community of interest
- Explain why districting is relevant to your community
- Get the tools you need to draw a map of one district or of all four districts
- Share your opinions of the draft maps
- Talk to your neighbors and local organizations